Friday Letters

One of my goals for this year is to participate in a blog called Friday Letters. Basically, it is a prompt each week for a writing a letter to your kids. Some weeks they are lighthearted, others they are more serious and retrospective, but the goal is to take 15 minutes and write what comes to you when you read the prompt.  This was my first attempt. I set the timer on my phone for fifteen minutes and just started typing.


                              Prompt:  Do you believe in life goals, if so, share one.

I definitely believe in life goals.  Our most important goal is to be like Christ. To model the behavior that He shared with us through His Word the Bible.  Since becoming your mommy, one of the goals dearest to my heart is to instill in each of you a love for God's Word, a passion to know it, to commit it to memory, and  most importantly to love Jesus with all of your hearts.  Sometimes, that goal overwhelms me and I am reminded of my own failures time and time again to model this behavior for you.   I just want you to know that there is nothing more worthy, more excellent that we can attain to.  To know Him and to make Him known.  I hope that the times that we spend together reading His word, talking to Him and about Him...I hope and pray that those are the moments that stick. That even if you don't forget the moments when your daddy and I have failed miserably at modeling Christ-like behavior, I hope that we can come back to you and let you see that we know that we have failed and that God offers forgiveness and grace. And even as I say that that is one of my life goals, I also know that the time will come when you have to make those decisions on your own.  You have to 'own' the belief and live it out.  I pray each day that we are doing the right thing to help you on that journey and that when the time comes, you will be able to step out confidently in the direction that God has for each of you.  I want you to know that there is nothing in this world that could compare to what we have when we stand before the throne of His grace and know that we know that we know that He is good, that He is present, that He loves us unconditionally. As precious as you are to me, you are both infinitely more precious to Him and I long for you to know that and to live confidently in that knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy