The Amazing Race

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the boys were SO excited about us signing up for the our church's mother/son Amazing Race. They could hardly contain themselves all weekend long.  We don't let the boys watch very much television, but for the last couple of seasons, I have let them watch The Amazing Race show with me.  I have watched the show since it's first season (which was a long time ago).  Back then, my best friend and I would watch together and talk about how 'we' would run the race if we were on it.  We still dream of doing the Amazing Race together, but often laugh that we are going to have to be in training for months ahead of time in order to actually be competitive. 

So, Saturday night after many hours of repeatedly answering that 'it was not quite time yet', it was finally time to go to the Amazing Race.    Of course, no event is complete without a photo shoot.  I got Micah to act as my photographer.  I might be biased, but I think I have really cute boys!
Seriously love this photo of me and Xavier!


I couldn't decide which photo of the three of us I liked better, so I just put them both up.


This was our other 'game face' shot.  I am cracking up how alike Xavier and I are.    We see those 'eyes' a lot and now I am thinking he must have gotten them from me!

When we were on our way out the door, the boys were  trying to get their water bottles "because we might get thirsty" and the entire way William was wondering "where the pit stop was going to be." I was feeling a little nervous that they were going to be a little disappointed.  We arrived and grouped up with their cousin and good buddy from church, they gave us our first clue and we were off and running.  It was great fun, the clues took us around to five different locations in town where we had to 'work' for our clue...go down a slide, do the chicken dance, eat a donut, hammer a nail, sing a song....then ended up back at the church where they had a puzzle that we had to complete.  As far as I know, they didn't officially declare a winner, but it was still lots of fun.  I didn't manage to get any pictures of us as we were 'racing'...I was too busy racing...but I got a picture of our little team back at the church:


We had pizza at the church and then headed to bowl at a local bowling alley.  It ended up being a pretty late night (almost nine o'clock and then we had to spring forward the next day) and we even had to have a snack when we got home because they had worked so hard:


I admit to being a little overwhelmed and parts of the evening not being very fun.  Have I mentioned that I am not a big fan of crowds and very wound up children?  But....on the way home, we each talked about our favorite moments from the night:
William--the scavenger hunt
Xavier--bowling
Me--scavenger hunt, playing basketball with the boys, going to a special night at church just for moms and sons (yes, I had three!)

This was the first time for the children's ministry to host a mom and sons event and I love that we are a part of a church that provides opportunities like this.  A few months back, they had a father/daughter event too.  I love that they care for families and providing opportunities to grow those family relationships.

 

Comments

LaCombe said…
What amazing and great photos of mom and son's. A life time of memories! Prayers and Love to your family everyday! You are an amazing wife and mother and a blessing to God! Love ya! Kathy
Elizabeth Lemons said…
Would've loved to see you play basketball with them. :)
Christine said…
This sounds like SUCH a fun event!! Holy cow, I'd LOVE to do something like this with S one day!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Africa Album