TheDerbyDoos

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ten on the Tenth

Some general randomness:

1.  Someone linked to this video awhile back of actress Kristin Bell on the Ellen Show and it never fails to make me laugh hysterically.

2.  I discovered at some point during this last month that if I will take a few or ten minutes to straighten up my house (get the dirty dishes all in the dishwasher, clear off the counters, pick up random stuff from the end tables, etc.) at night before going to bed, my days start off so much better.  One day this week, I was going through a morning that was a little bit hectic, but I was surprisingly not too frazzled...and I realized that night as I was going through my little 'pick up' routine that I was pretty sure that was why my morning went so well.  Now, if I could only get everyone in my house on that same plan!

3. It has been so much fun seeing/hearing the boys learn to read.  It is just so neat to see how much progress they are making each and every week.

4.  My friend Traci and I have started running again and are actually hoping to run a 5k at the end of April and are working our way through the Couch to 5k program.  It is good and painful all at the same time.

5.  I highly recommend this recipe for Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Bars.

6.  It was like a soccer miracle today:  William and Xavier each scored twice!  Of course, the other team had only practiced maybe once, but it was good for them and I do think they are making progress.

7.  Our church is hosting a mom/son event called The Amazing Race tonight and you have no idea just how excited my boys are.  One of the very few shows that we all watch together is The Amazing Race and so I think they may have a few different expectations for the evening.  At lunch, Xavier prayed and asked God to be his strength and to run alongside him as we run the Amazing Race tonight.  I am hoping that they won't be too disappointed when we don't see Phil on the finish line.

8.  I went through the boys' spring/summer clothes this week and am feeling very thankful for cousins who are just a bit older than the boys because we are pretty much set for the coming season thanks to hand me downs from their cousins.

9.  I am looking forward to the days having sunlight longer, but I am not looking forward to losing an hour of sleep tonight.

10.  I made a recipe for Black Bean Soup that I tore out of a Cook's Country Magazine this week and we all LOVED it.  Even Xavier, who in general does not care for black beans, was a big fan.  I will try to type it up and share it, because we thought it was amazing!

No comments: