Praying for a miracle

Wednesday morning the boys and I were at a friend's neighborhood pool just finishing lunch and starting to get back in the pool, when we heard a man calling out 'whose kid is this?'  I looked over and saw him lifting up the body of 2 1/2 year old girl.  I don't think my heart and mind will ever recover from the sight and then the sounds of that poor mama pleading for someone to please help her child. 

I have hardly stopped re-living this and thinking about it since it happened.  It turns out that the family actually goes to our church.  This little girl is still fighting for her life.  Things are not looking very encouraging right now, but we are still praying and asking God for a miracle.  Would you please pray with us for little Rosalie?  There is a Facebook page where the family has posted some photos and is sharing updates as they can.

Many have asked how my boys are doing and how they responded.  They seem relatively unphased.  As others rallied around the little girl and called 911, my thoughts were to protect my own kids' eyes as much as humanly possible from the nightmare that was happening right in front of us.  We were towards another end of the pool and we just gathered on a towel and prayed and sang Jesus Loves Me and prayed some more, bringing as many children along with us as we could. 

Please pray for this family, that God would heal their daughter, that He would protect their family, that His grace and mercy and peace would hold them.

Comments

Vicky said…
Praying with you! Heart and gut wrenching just to read- can only imagine if I had seen...
Monica said…
Praying for everyone...
Amy said…
Oh Becky. I just cannot even imagine watching this happen. Praying for this family and yours.
theredpumpkin said…
Oh how terrifying. I am praying.
Christine said…
Wow. I don't even know what to say... how incredibly horrible.
Beth Thomas said…
Becky, I'm just now catching up on some blog reading! I had no idea that you were there! I'm so sorry! I know that had to be so frightening to witness. We are praying every day!

Popular posts from this blog

This guy

old friends

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy