TheDerbyDoos

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

Each year, my mother in law writes a play/drama for our church performs on the Sunday before July 4th.  This year, she really wanted her three local grandsons (my two and their cousin who is a year older) to sing My Country Tis of Thee.  William was having nothing to do with that and when Q their cousin heard that William wasn't planning on it, there was no way that he was going to be singing either.  Xavier, on the other hand, was all about it.  So, we went about finding an arrangement and helping him learn the words to the song.  And I have to say, it turned out really really sweet!  He was so calm and collected, everyone kept asking me if I was nervous, but he was so confident and knew what he needed to do that I was able to just sit and enjoy my sweet boy singing his little heart out.  I know that God has great plans for both of my boys and I love to seeing Xavier using the talents God has given him.

Here are the three cousins decked out in patriotic attire to hand out programs:

20120701-DSC_7120.jpg

Sweetly singing while a slideshow played on the screens:

20120701-DSC_7114.jpg

Ignore the bad quality of the video, I apparently did not think through the spotlights and where I was sitting, because his face is pretty much whited out throughout the whole thing, but I think that you can still hear how sweetly he sang:

Last night were the fireworks for our town and one of the benefits of living where we do is that we were able to just walk down a block or two and set up camp to watch the fireworks. We popped popcorn and let the boys each have their own soda (which resulted in them chattering non-stop throughout the entire display).
 20120703-DSC_7136.jpg

and my one lonely picture of the fireworks: 20120703-DSC_7156.jpg

Clearly, I have not found my calling as a fireworks photographer!

I hope that your holiday is good.  Our country is far from perfect, but I am so thankful for our country and for the freedoms that we have because we live here.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Xavier is so, so sweet. I LOVED hearing him practice in person!

Judy Turnbough Bailey said...

Wow! That was great! Xavier showed so much poise for such a little guy!

one of nettie's girls said...

Xavier did an outstanding job!!! You must be so proud! Loved hearing it.

Amy said...

He did an awesome job! What a precious voice!

Annette said...

Xavier was one of the highlights of the show. He did awesome!

I'm so thankful to be part of Rejoice and celebrate our Independence together.

Christine said...

Oh my word... how cute are they in those outfits at the top!?