TheDerbyDoos

Monday, December 10, 2012

So I don't forget

According to blogger, it has been since October 21st since I posted on the ol' blog.  To be honest, life has been crazy.  Micah has had crazy rotations, the boys have had soccer and school, my teaching has taken up huge chunks of time, and there have been many things that have taken a back seat to just being able to tread water.  And blogging has been one of those things that hasn't even been in the back seat, I have hardly even thought about it.  But as I was talking to my sister today, I realized that I need to start blogging again just for my own personal benefit, because it helps me to record things that I don't want to forget. And I have too poor of a memory to trust myself to actually remember things without writing them down.  So, I am going to start trying to be better about it, because the fact of the matter is that one of these days, life might not be so crazy and when we think back on the fall/winter of 2012, I want to be able to remember what happened.

I ended up with a surprise day at home today.  Last night as I was getting ready to head for bed, I heard some suspicious coughing coming from the boys' room and before an hour was out, both boys had been up and completely 'lost their cookies'.  While they promptly went back to sleep (on pallets in my room, because that is where they sleep when they are sick), I emailed some instructions for my classes today and ended up staying up until 2.  There is something about being home during the week that feels luxurious and wonderful and, to be honest, I think we all enjoyed it.  Both boys seemed fine today and they enjoyed playing and hanging out at home having a pajama day (after some very busy weeks) and I enjoyed cleaning out some things that had been piling up, doing a bit of cleaning, and getting caught up on my P365 project.

And some things from today that I don't want to forget:
  • William told me at supper that when he grows up, he wants to go on the Amazing Race with his 'bro' and then go on Cupcake Wars with me. I am going to be in charge of decorating one cupcake while he is going to take care of the other two.
  • For the record, Xavier is going to go on the Amazing Race with his bro, and then the next time with his wife.  And he does NOT know what he is going to do if his wife isn't a good cook, because he doesn't know how to cook either.
  • Snuggling up with the boys at the end of the day. As much as they can make me crazy with all my neurotic tendencies, I sure do love those little boys!
I am having a hard time believe how much their looks have changed this year.  They have lost a LOT of teeth and it changes their looks so much.  This first picture is from January and the second from last week:
20120127-DSC_3114.jpg

20121206-DSC_9873.jpg

Here is to posting more often.  Hope your November was great and your December is off to a great start, if someone figures out how in the world it is possible that we are in the last month of the year, please let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back! Mom

Anonymous said...

Me too! Grandmom.

Amy said...

Me three! I've missed your posts but completely understand how busy life is when you are teaching!