TheDerbyDoos

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Weekend update

Micah made it home from his last out of town rotation until March (which is also his very last rotation) on Friday night and there was great rejoicing in our house.  He is working locally with his dad next week, then we are heading to see my family for Christmas.  He brought home these yummy cupcakes from a very fancy cupcake shop in Joplin.
There were two Death by Chocolates, one Red Velvet, and one Caramel Pumpkin Pecan--all of them were amazing and a perfect end to a very hectic week. 

Micah and I just got home from spending the day at our church's Toys for Tots event.  I don't know what the final numbers were, but they were expecting close to 2000 people to come through.  It was exhausting and exhilarating all at the same time.  I worked with the hospitality team last year and again this year and it was a joy to be a part of such a great effort.  I was also so thankful that Micah got to volunteer with me.  Because of his school schedule and how different our lives have been, we haven't had the privilege of serving together very often in recent years and it did my heart good to work alongside him again. 

And like everyone, my heart is just so heavy and heartbroken for those personally affected by the shootings in Connecticut.  Because my boys are the ages of those who were killed, it honestly just makes me ill.  There really are no words to express just how awful it is and I have just been praying for God to bring peace and comfort as only He can.

Tomorrow, we are heading to the choir program at the early service and then, I will work hospitality before heading home for an afternoon of baking (and probably some grading of tests and quizzes).  It is hard to believe that Christmas is almost here.  We have our tree up and are mostly done shopping, but have yet to wrap a single present. I am thinking that will be good project for Micah and I to get done together one night next week.

Oh, and the cutest shepherds ever are going to be back in action on Monday night. I will be sure to post a video.


No comments: