TheDerbyDoos

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Talking about the "Cats"

The boys and I just got back from a trip to Illinois to visit my parents where there was all manner of good times enjoyed by all.  While there, my mom and sister encouraged me to start blogging again and so I am going to make an attempt. (yes, I really can see all three of you who read this blog rolling your eyes, because seriously....you've heard this before, right?)

We laughed, we drank coffee, we solved the world's problems, and we packed as much as possible into the 6 days that we were there.  One of William's favorite activity's was trying very hard to catch and pet the cats in my dad's barn.  A little back story, back on May 12, my dad sent a picture of some newborn kittens to all of his grandkids.  My boys had a pretty intense conversation on what the names of these kittens should be and finally settled on Bat, Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Squirrel, and Snowy.  So, immediately after arriving and having dinner, we headed out to the barn where the boys always help my dad feed the horses (and terrorize his barn cats).

This picture doesn't really sum up how the energy level is always so ramped up on the first evening at my parents' house, but it still cracks me up.




This afternoon, I recorded a little video of William telling his story about the cats at grandma and grandpa's house--it completely cracks me up!



I recorded it on an app called 8mm which is a fun little app--although I did tell my parents that I felt like we may have reached a new low when we are excited about 'dumbing' down our technology.  

Here is Xavier petting the only cat that would really allow the boys to touch it:



And hanging out with this sweet girl was a highlight of MY week:


Seriously, how cute is she?

Hopefully, more to come!

5 comments:

One of Nettie's Girls said...

It looks like a wonderful trip just from those few pictures. I always enjoy a video from your boys!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! Loved having you in IL!!!

LaCombe said...

I am so happy you are blogging again. I love to read your stories.
Have a great Sunday!
Love and Prayers, Kathy

Brian Lewis said...

That video was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

We just watched this video again! The kids love it. The tumbling down part is their favorite! :) The kids say hi!!
Pam