Wednesday's Words

Today, I was chatting with another teacher who shared a conversation that he had had with another teacher's daughter who also happens to be in class with our boys--did you follow that?

Anyway, she had gotten an iPad for Christmas and she was telling him about it and somehow that led to how sorry she felt for the Derby boys because they weren't going to get phones until they were 15 and then they were only going to be flip phones.  I totally cracked up, because when they have asked we have normally replied that it will probably be when they can drive and Micah's has always followed that up with them only needing phones to make phone calls, so there wouldn't be a need for a smartphone.  I guess they were paying attention.

Last weekend, we made a quick trip to Phoenix to visit some friends (which I plan to detail another day), but as we were hugging the boys goodbye at the airport. Xavier grabs me and just starts saying "May the Lord bless you and keep you...." and he says the blessing that I say over him every night right back to me.  It was the perfect way to say goodbye to them.  We had a great visit with our friends, but I sure was happy to get home and get the hugs from my boys!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The phone story cracks me up and the "blessing" makes me tear up! All in one short post. Glad you're back to blogging.

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses, Jack & Zenie, and Shane & Joy

Our summer

This guy