TheDerbyDoos

Thursday, April 28, 2016

This guy


A few weeks ago, they did a vision screening at school and William came home with a paper saying he had failed a portion of it and we needed to follow up with an eye doctor.  I couldn't believe it! They had their vision checked last year in January and didn't have any issues and he certainly hadn't been complaining of not being able to see.  That weekend, we happened to run into their eye doctor (who is also the dad of a classmate) at a restaurant and kind of mentioned it to him.  If I am being honest, I was hoping for him to say, "oh, those tests are often wrong--he is probably fine".  Instead, he said, you should probably bring him in.  So, we made an appointment and headed in last week.

As we sat in the room and they started showing him rows of letters to say, which he clearly could not see or identify, he casually mentions, "yeah, this is exactly like it is at school when I can't see the board!"  Apparently, he forgot to mention that to dear old mom.

We got his prescription and went off in search of some eyeglasses for him.  This is not an easy task, I will say.  He was fairly confident of what he wanted and did not want and I was fairly confident of what his dad would and would not want.

In the end, we went with the ones that he loved the most and I have to say that he looks pretty stinkin' cute in them! I think you will be able to tell which picture is the 'show me how much you love your glasses' pic.





No comments: